The Consortium is a nonprofit association that operates on several levels:
- to promote and support the development and innovation of quality products that best correspond to their intended use;
- to guide consumers in choosing the right mattress -- a quality product, one that is safe and guaranteed, and is ideally-suited to their “sleep style”. How? Primarily through communications providing appropriate, accredited information based on a policy of transparency and clarity;
- to support retailers with in-depth training, to ensure communication with consumers is both precise and exhaustive, preparing them to guide consumer choice toward the product that best meets their needs, from a 360-degree perspective;
- to represent member firms, coordinating relationships with public bodies/authorities and any other industry stakeholders;
- to ensure its member firms comply with the Consortium Statute and Regulations concerning certification and use of the quality seal.
Symbol of the activities of the Consortium is the internationally certified Quality Seal for Consumer Protection that is proof its mattresses meet the stringent criteria required under current regulations.